DISCOVER THE TRUTH ABOUT HYPNOSIS
2924 Knight St. Suite 435, Shreveport, LA 71105
Call: (318) 588-8896
FREE HYPNOSIS RELAXATION AUDIO
Register below and we will provide you a free hypnosis relaxation audio in mp3 format. Play it on your phone, tablet or computer to discover just how peaceful hypnosis can be.
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO ASK ABOUT HYPNOSIS
Cal Banyan is a Board Certified Hypnotist, Trainer and the developer of 5-PATH Advance Hypnosis. He is also the author of several books and programs in Hypnosis.
Isn’t it time you learned the truth about hypnosis?
WHAT IS THE GREATEST CHALLENGE YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW?
Even the Bibles tells us, “In this world you will have trouble.” (John 16:33 NIV) But, even the Bible then tells us we don’t have to live with it.
What is your trouble? The stress of work, family, finances? Stuck in a toxic relationship? Perhaps broken hearted from a lost relationship? Paralyzed by fear in some area of your life?
What if there was a solution?
WHAT counseling hypnosis MEANS TO YOU.
It means no embarassment, not having to “relive” painful events, lasting change, shorter time in counseling, more noticable outcomes and doing “therapy” in the easiest way possible.
Everyone’s experience is different, but the beauty of using hypnosis is that it is applicable to almost anything in your life. Most issues can be resolved in just a few visits. The change that you make is lasting and permanent. And in many cases, if your issue is a source of embarrasement for you, the actual event, story or situation could probably be dealt with without even discussing it. Imagine that!
If you have not watched the “Truth About Hypnosis” video in the link above, then it will be reviewed before your sessions start. Every effort will be made to make sure you understand what takes place and how. You are informed, all your questions are answered and you are completely comfortable before moving forward with any process.
Aren’t you ready to live a live with more joy, more peace and a new sense of purpose than ever before? This is not a “what have you got to loose” question.
This is a “think of what you have to gain” statement!
“FINALLY, SOMEONE YOU CAN TRUST TO BE ON YOUR SIDE.”
Rev. Robert Conger
Your counselor has pretty well got it figured out. With over a dozen specialized certifications he is an ordained minister, a master counseling hypnotist and a NLP master practioner.
Oh, did we mention he has been through a few issues in life himself, and has most likely been through at least something similar to what you are dealing with. Dedicated to your outcome with a desire to help you shorten the painful path, finding joy a lot sooner.
Answers to Your Questions about Hypnosis
WHAT IS HYPNOSIS?
The goal of hypnosis is to build lasting, healthy and sustainable control over your behaviour. You have all the skills you need to overcome bad habits, addictions, emotional distress and more. Hypnosis is a process of assisting you in the discovery of and the application of those inherent skills. It’s all about tapping into that ‘I can change myself’ mentality. Hypnotherapists are there to help release your power to control and change your habits.
In reality, hypnosis is all about something that we all do sometimes hundreds of times a day. More predominantly consider if you have ever been on a road trip and drove past your exit or the place you were wanted to go. Not because you didn’t know where to go – – but you simply missed it because you were so focused on a thought process. You were still able to drive, function and respond to your environment; but you were so keenly focused on the thought that you missed the turn. Simplified, that is hypnosis. Not asleep, not unconscious, not out of control; just laser focused on the solution to the problem. The hypnotist helps you reach that level of focus.
IS HYPNOSIS PROVEN EFFECTIVE?
Short answer, yes. More indept, hypnosis has a track record of success in every area of life. Millions of proven cases that go from the common stop smoking and weight loss, to addictions, phobias, ease of suffering in medical conditions, painless childbirth, PTSD, anxiety, confidence, sports performance; the list can go on for hundreds more issues.
IS HYPNOSIS SAFE?
Despite the drama representation of hypnosis by television and movies, at this writing there has never been a proven case of any harm created or as a result of hypnois. Oh, its had a lot blamed on it, but it has historically proven to be no more blameful that placing blame on someone for having an opinion or a belief. There are no harmful side effects and you cannot be made to do something you don’t want to do.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING A SESSION?
You’ll begin by chatting with the practitioner about your requirements and goals, before discussing and agreeing on a treatment plan.
During hypnosis, your mind feels calm and peaceful – you enter a state of increased awareness but your body is totally relaxed. It’s worth knowing:
The practitioner has no control over you whatsoever – you remain in control all the time
You will hear everything she or he says to you. You will also be able to remember everything.
Everyone enjoys the experience without exception, in my experience. Often my clients smile as they enter the hypnotic relaxed state!
WILL I REMEMBER ANYTHING?
Yes, you remember everything that’s said to you during hypnosis. Everyone expects to be put to sleep, but that’s not the case.
WILL THEY MAKE ME DO STRANGE THINGS AND GIVE ME WEIRD IDEAS?
No. When you are hypnotized you are in a comfortable reclining chair, your eyes are closed and the practitioners speaks to you in a calm, gently assertive voice. The dialog will be based on suggestions and changes that you are wanting in your life.
You will never do anything that you do no want to do.
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE HYPNOTIZED?
Hypnosis is a state of deep relaxation within the body and a state of increased and heightened awareness within the mind. You will be fully aware the whole time, and some people feel like their body is very heavy, while others experience a floating sensation. Your eyes are closed and you probably won’t even feel like you’ve been hypnotised. Everyone I’ve ever encountered has loved the experience.
WHAT IF I CAN'T BE HYPNOTIZED?
It is important to understand that hypnosis is not a “do to” process. The process of hypnosis is totally in the control of you the recepient. The ability to “be hypnotized” is totally based on your willingness to follow instructions from your counselor. It is nothing new to you, we all go in and out of hypnosis dozens of times a day. It is simply focused attention.
Trust your counselor in this situation to evaluate the level of relaxation you achieve without your trying to judge it for yourself. People are always amazed at how well they do, while thinking they did not.
WHAT CAN HYPNOSIS HELP?
The realm of benefits from hypnosis seems without limit. Hypnotherapy is used in the areas of emotion, performance, physical body, habits and more. Some of the more common associations include:
Overcome additions like smoking, alcoholism, drugs use, gambling or excessive shopping and more.
Lose weight and weight control
Feel more self-confident
Stress and Anxiety Relief
Promote body healing
and so much more.
HOW MANY SESSIONS WILL I NEED TO DO?
Your number of sessions will all be about the intensity of the issue you want to overcome and in some cases, how long the issue has existed. Issues that deal more with habit and behavior can be remedied in one or two sessions. Issue with a deeper history or origin of the behavior may take more.
Learning pain control, sports performance, medical issues, hypno-birthing, life coaching and program based approaches obviously would involve more work. Almost all situations, even the more severe, can be resolved in five to six sessions. My recommendation is to go forward without the concern of “performance anxiety”. I tell those that ask to allow yourself the possibility of ten, know that most can be done in five to six and we would know after your first visit if one to three is a better number.
The beautiful thing about hypnosis is you don’t ever hear of anyone going to their hypnotist for 10 to 15 years like is said of some that go to regular therapist.
WHAT IS THE COST OF A SESSION?
I like to look at the overall savings that hypnotherapy will bring to your life, rather than the cost. For instance, how much money would you save if you didn’t smoke? How better would your quality of life be without overeating, out of pain or releasing a lifetime of emotional distress?
But, specifically, the costs can vary wildly depending on your practitioner from $100 to $195 per sesson. Many practitioners offer special lower rates based on household income or by purchasing several sessions at one time. Either way, I feel it is well worth the initial spend.
There are also recorded programs for different types of issues for a more “do it yourself” approach.
HOW CAN I BE ASSURED OF A GOOD COUNSELOR?
There is actually no public education or degree programs for hypnosis. Quality training and certifications are the methods of acreditation of techniques and practices. The worlds oldest hypnosis organization the National Guild of Hypnotists maintains lists of certified hypnotists by area.
One of the most successful methods of hypnosis processes is 5-PATH. Certified 5-PATH Hypnotists can be found on:
Of course recommendations from friends and family can be a great way to find a good hypnotherapist.
Who uses hypnosis?
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955) physicist – deeper level of creativity.
- Henry Ford, Car manufacturer – personal development
- Mozart (1756-91), composer – Creativity.
- Nikola Tesla (Inventor) – Discovered his own medical issues
- Sigmund Freud – developed modern psychiatry as a result of learning about and practicing hypnosis.
- Mary Lou Retton (1984) – Pain Management to win Olympics.
- Kevin Costner – cure seasickness
- Jackie Kennedy – overcome tragedies in her life
- Winona Ryder – quit smoking
- Michael Jackson – musical mental blocks and relaxation
- Samuel L Jackson – smoking
- Tony Curtis – fear of flying
- Sean Penn – Improve quality of life.
- 1956 Melbourne Olympics, the Russian Olympic team took over 10 hypnotists to develop mental clarity and help the athletes with visualization
- Ben Affleck – Stop smoking.
- Sean Connery – Personal Development
- Dr. Raymond Abrezol (1967) – guided the Swiss ski team to Olympic gold medals.
- Whoopi Goldberg – Fear of Flying
- Ken Norton (1973) – to beat Muhammed Ali. He also broke Muhammed jaw in this fight.
- Nolan Ryan, George Brett, Maury Wills, Don Sutton, all report to have used hypnosis prior to games.
- Tiger Woods –phenomenal level of success in golf.
- Orlando Bloom – overcome chocolate addiction as a child.
- Sylvester Stallone – to cope with the countless rejections of his manuscript for his film ‘Rocky’ that movie that went on to make millions at the box office.
- Michael Jordan – succeed as a basketball player.
- Jack Nicklaus (golf pro) – Openly claims that hypnotherapy was the sole reason for his improved levels of concentration during play.
- Andre Agassi – used hypnosis to win 17 gold masters in tennis.
- ROD CAREW – (baseball player) – used to make him one of the best players ever
- Shaquille O’Neal – better aim and skill in basketball.
- Dexter Jackson – used hypnosis in 2008 Mr.Olympia Winner
- STEVE HOOKER(Olympic Gold Medalist Pole Vault holder) – to win a gold medal in Beijing
- JIMMY CONNERS –used to 148 titles and 8 grand slams.
- KEVIN MCBRIDE (Irish boxer) – beat Tyson with the aid of hypnosis and extra mind power
- DORIAN YATES (British bodybuilder) – won the Mr. Olympia 7 using hypnosis
- Pittsburg Steelers used hypnosis
- Walton Glenn Eller – won the Gold Medal and set two Olympic Records in Men’s Double Trap with hypnosis
- Chicago White Sox team (1983) – to help win their division and reach the playoffs that year.
- Jeff Jaeger (NFL kicker for the Oakland Raiders) – to perform better.
- Bill Bates (NFL safety for the Dallas Cowboys) -perform better.
- Dorothy Hamill – Olympic skating
- Sophie Dahl (model) – Lost a massive amount of weight with help from hypnosis
- Mark McGuire – used a sports psychologist/hypnotist
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965) – in order to stay awake all night and avoid tiredness during W.W.II.
- Aaron Eckhart – used to give up smoking and alcohol.
- Kate Middleton – HypnoBirthing (childbirth without drugs)
- Julia Roberts – overcome stuttering
- Melissa Joan Hart – Child Birth
- Seigei Rachmaninoff – composed his “Second Piano Concerto” following a post-hypnotic suggestion given by Nikolai Dahl, a pioneer in hypnosis.
- Martha Stewart – eradicated her recurring nightmares of jail
- Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson – used hypnosis smoking, weight, and nail biting.
- Courtney Love – weight control
- Bruce Willis – used hypnosis to stop stuttering.
- Daryl Hannah – to end her debilitating stage fright.
- Kelly Rippa (TV show Regis & Kelly) – overcome her fear of flying
- Ricky Martin (Singer) –advance his singing career.
- Emily Deschanel, (Dr. Temperance Brennan, on Bones) used HypnoBirthing for her recent baby.
- Florence Henderson (of the Brady Bunch) – resolved her fear of flying.
- Cary Grant – overcame insomnia
- Johnny Mathis – overcame stage fright
- James Earl Jones (actor and voice of Darth Vader (Star Wars) and Mufasa (Lion King) – overcome stuttering.
- Princess Diana – public speaking and confidence.
- Dolly Parton – improve her song writing ability
- Nigella Lawson (UK TV broadcaster) – weight loss of over 28lbs
- Lilly Tomlin (comedian) – become more creative in her comedy writing and performing
- Richard Branson (founder of Virgin Airlines) – to prepare for his round the world trip in a hot air balloon.
- Lord Tennyson Alfred (1809-92) – wrote complete poems while hypnotized.
- Carl Jung – assisted in development of modern psychiatry as a result of learning about and practicing hypnosis.
- Jean Alesi (Racing Car Driver) – Focus
- Lily Allen (singer from the UK) – weight loss – she lost so much weight she dropped 3 dress sizes.
- Reese Witherspoon – overcome anxiety on the set of the movie “Wild”.
- Simon Cowell – become free of smoking
- Demi Moore – overcome her divorce from Ashton Kutcher
- Katy Perry – stop smoking
- Geri Halliwell (singer): The ex-spice girl – hypnotherapy to lose weight and get fit.
- Ashton Kutcher (actor): to visualize his own success and stardom.
- Tara Palmer-Tomkinson (celebrity) – overcome her life-long fear of snakes.
- Ellen DeGeneres (celebrity): – live on TV to successfully stop smoking.
- Anthony Hopkins – quit smoking
- Courtney Cox – stop smoking
- Melanie Brown (former Spice Girl) – overcome anxiety.
- Fergie (member of the Black Eyed Peas) – helped her with drug addiction.
- John Travolta – help enhance his acting skills and confidence
This information is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied.
Need more information? We suggest you make an appointment and find out for yourself. But if you would prefer, send your information request here and we will promptly reply.
Shreveport Office Hours
8am – 5pm
Other times may be available by request only. If you have a need, be sure and contact us with your request.