Using the Power of the Mind to Assist Your Healing!
Hypnosis is the perfect complementary medicine in that it works in so many areas of health. You and your Health Care Professional may request the assistance of hypnosis in areas ranging from pain control to increasing your positive expectancy of healing and recovery.
“Nothing happens in the body that did not first go through the mind.”
Pieter J. De Wet, M.D., M.D.(H), FAAFP, ABHIM
Medical interest and acceptance of hypnosis expanded following World War II when the use of hypnotherapy proved especially helpful to surviving battlefield casualties suffering from shock, injury, battle fatigue and various psychological disorders. As understanding increased hypnotism began to be recognized as an important adjunct to counseling psychology, psychotherapy, psychiatry, and also medical fields including neurology, obstetrics, emergency medicine, burn therapy and others. Hypnosis is finding increasing usage in dentistry and other areas where pain control is important.
ACCEPTED BY THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
Yes, in 1958 the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association and the British Medical Association approved hypnosis as a viable therapeutic tool. Since that time most every medical publication and medical body has, in some way, reviewed the dynamics of hypnosis in a medical application and the role of hypnosis still stands.
IT’S WHAT WE DO
At Achievement Inspired Clinical Hypnosis Center, special training and attention has been given to work as a complimentary medicine facility. Assisting Physicians and their patients to manage and promote health in a way that lessens the use or need for chemical medications.
Consider the area of interest you have and review the following list of applications that benefit from the use of hypnosis in medicine.
Areas where Hypnosis has proven to help:
- Allergy, rashes, allergies, asthma
- Anesthesiology – decreased amount of anesthesia needed during surgery, pain management
- Bariatric Medicine – weight loss, exercise motivation, behavior modification
- Burns – pain control, anxiety, healing
- Cancer (Oncology} – pain relief, boosting the immune system, nausea control
- Cardiovascular Disease (Heart – angina, anxiety, hypertension, diet and exercise
- Dentists – Gagging, vomiting, TMJ, clenching, bruxism, pain, anxiety and phobias, stress, smoking, dipping snuff or chewing tobacco
- Dermatology – pruritus, warts
- Endocrinology – diabetes, diet and exercise, weight loss ENT. tinnitus
- Family Practice – pain, irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia, chronic illnesses, hypertension, stress reduction, anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, migraines
- Castroenterology (Digestive Disorders) – irritable bowel syndrome, Chron’s
- Gynecology (OB/CYN) – pain free childbirth, PMS relief, nausea control, unexplained infertility, dysmenorrhea, anorgasmia
- Internal Medicine – hypertension, irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia, mitral valve prolapse, stress, anxiety, somatoform disorder, pain, insomnia
- Maxillofacial & Cosmetic Surgery – minimize scaring, anxiety
- Neurology – pain, multiple sclerosis
- Neurosurgery – pain, healing, pre and post surgery
- Orthopedics (Bone & Joint) – healing, pain, exercise motivation
- Pain Management – pain, exercise motivation, anxiety, depression
- Pediatrics – study skills, needle phobia, enuresis, thumb sucking, asthma, bashful bladder, nail biting
- Physical Medicine (Rehabilitation) – exercise motivation, healing, anxiety, somatoform disorders
- Psychiatry – panic disorder, anxiety, depression, somatoform disorders
- Radiology – anxiety, claustrophobia, relaxation
- Rheumatology – fibromyalgia, pain, lupus (SLE)
- Surgeons – anxiety, pain, healing
- Urology – bashful bladder, enuresis, urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation